Randy Hermann Named CFO of Red Granite Pictures
Red Granite is currently in production on "The Wolf of Wall Street," directed by Martin Scorsese and headlining Leonardo DiCaprio.
Veteran entertainment finance executive Randy Hermann has been named chief financial officer of Red Granite Pictures.
Red Granite founders Riza Aziz and Joey McFarland announced the hire on Wednesday.
Hermann will be responsible for the company’s day-to-day financial operations and strategic financial planning, reporting directly to Aziz and McFarland.
“The addition of Randy as our cof strengthens the company’s position in an unrelenting marketplace that requires the best, brightest and most passionate executives to move ahead and fulfill visions,” said Aziz.
Added McFarland, “Randy is a highly valued leader with a successful track record involving strategic finance operations and company management at the highest levels. We will look to his financial expertise to further grow the company.”
Prior to joining Red Granite, Hermann held the same post at Exclusive Media, where he structured a corporate credit facility as well as single picture financings for End of Watch, starring Jake Gyllenhaal, and Snitch, starring Dwayne Johnson.
In addition, Hermann oversaw preparation of all Exclusive business plans, annual operating budgets, financial greenlight analyses and film ultimates. Hermann also managed the transition of the finance and accounting functions from London to Los Angeles.
Red Granite is currently in production on Martin Scorsese's The Wolf of Wall Street, starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, Jean Dujardin, Rob Reiner, Matthew McConaughey, Kyle Chandler and Jon Favreau. Red Granite is financing and producing with DiCaprio’s Appian Way and Scorsese’s Sikelia Productions.
“This is an exciting time for Red Granite – across all business fronts,” said Herman. “I’m thrilled to be working with Riza and Joey and the rest of the great team here at Red Granite.”
Additional projects being financed and produced by Red Granite Pictures include the supernatural fantasy/thriller Horns, starring Daniel Radcliffe (with Mandalay Pictures). Red Granite's international sales division will be shopping the project to foreign buyers at the Toronto Film Festival, which gets underway Thursday.
Prior to Exclusive, Hermann was chief financial officer at Mandalay Pictures. Before entering the film business, he was a financial analyst at Drexel Burnham Lambert.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)