Randy Jackson Predicts Tonight's 'American Idol' Winner
The judge switches his mind on whether Lauren Alaina or Scotty McCreery will take home the title.
That was a fast change.
At the end of last night's show, American Idol judge Randy Jackson predicted finalist Lauren Alaina would take home tonight's top prize after her renditions of "Flat on the Floor," "Maybe It Was Memphis" and "Like My Mother Does."
But, today on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, Jackson switched his tune. "I'm going to say Scotty," he told Seacrest of the 17-year-old McCreery, who sang "Gone," "Check Yes or No," and the original song "I Love You This Big."
"Opposing team here," explained Jackson, whose fellow on-air guest and Idol host Steven Tyler stuck with his Tuesday night prediction that Alaina will take it all.
Their fellow judge, Jennifer Lopez, who was not on Seacrest's morning show, declined to pick a would-be winner last night.
Before a winner is crowned at the end of tonight's finale, audiences will see performances by Lady Gaga, U2's Bono and The Edge, as well as duets from Alaina and Carrie Underwood and McCreery withTim McGraw.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)