Randy Jackson Predicts Tonight's 'American Idol' Winner
The judge switches his mind on whether Lauren Alaina or Scotty McCreery will take home the title.
That was a fast change.
At the end of last night's show, American Idol judge Randy Jackson predicted finalist Lauren Alaina would take home tonight's top prize after her renditions of "Flat on the Floor," "Maybe It Was Memphis" and "Like My Mother Does."
But, today on Ryan Seacrest's radio show, Jackson switched his tune. "I'm going to say Scotty," he told Seacrest of the 17-year-old McCreery, who sang "Gone," "Check Yes or No," and the original song "I Love You This Big."
"Opposing team here," explained Jackson, whose fellow on-air guest and Idol host Steven Tyler stuck with his Tuesday night prediction that Alaina will take it all.
Their fellow judge, Jennifer Lopez, who was not on Seacrest's morning show, declined to pick a would-be winner last night.
Before a winner is crowned at the end of tonight's finale, audiences will see performances by Lady Gaga, U2's Bono and The Edge, as well as duets from Alaina and Carrie Underwood and McCreery withTim McGraw.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Matt Bomer Talks 'Fifty Shades' Casting Rumors, Wants to Return for 'Magic Mike XXL'!
- Taylor Swift & Sarah Hyland See an Off-Broadway Play Together!
- Hilary Duff Treats Herself to a Vegan Dinner at Crossroads!
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Express Sadness Over Death of Camilla Parker Bowles' Brother