Randy Quaid to Receive Vancouver Critics' Award
Randy Quaid scheduled to attend prize-giving in Vancouver as he pursues Canadian refugee application.
TORONTO -- Randy Quaid is due Wednesday to receive a Vancouver Film Critic's Circle Award.
The American actor and his wife, Evi Quaid, are scheduled to attend a morning press conference where Randy Quaid will finally receive an award originally given out in 2009 by Vancouver film critics for his performance in Real Time.
The duo are also expected to brief local reporters on Randy Quaid’s on-going refugee asylum application as they attempt to remain in Canada and avoid a return to California where they face outstanding warrants for their arrest on vandalism charges.
Evi Quaid has been given permission to remain in Canada because her father was born here. But Randy Quaid has to appear before Canada’s Immigration and Refugee Board as it considers his refugee claim.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR