Randy Quaid Won’t Appear on Charlie Sheen's Tour
Despite a Canadian press report, “there’s no plans to have an opening act,” Sheen’s rep tells THR.
TORONTO – Randy Quaid won’t be reuniting with Charlie Sheen when his Torpedo of Truth tour hits Vancouver.
The Globe and Mail newspaper earlier reported Quaid’s record company, Maximum Music Group, was talking to Live Nation about the American actor performing two recently-recorded songs during Sheen’s upcoming Vancouver tour stop.
But Sheen’s rep told the Hollywood Reporter that the reported proposal for Quaid to open the first of his two upcoming Canadian concert appearances wasn’t true.
"There are no plans to have an opening act, and no plan to have Randy on the tour," his rep says.
Quaid appeared alongside Sheen in three earlier movies, including The Wrath.
Quaid recently recorded his “Star Whackers” song after he and his wife, Evi Quaid, made a movie about how they evaded apparent Hollywood assassins to get to Canada, to premiere at Vancouver’s Rio Theatre on April 22.
Randy Quaid in March performed his "Star Whackers" song at the Commodore Ballroom in Vancouver with his back-up band, The Fugitives.
The American actor has been given permission to stay in Canada because Evi Quaid received her Canadian citizenship card in February because her father was born here.
- Lindsay Powers in New York contributed to this report.
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Stephen Colbert Reveals His Role In 'The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug'
- 'Sleepy Hollow' Mid-Season Finale: Moloch Says Ichabod Will Deliver Abbie's Soul To Him (VIDEO)
- Adam Pally Has A Technique To Make The Language Of His Favorite Hip Hop Songs More PC (VIDEO)
- Amy Adams Was Singing 'Grease' In Her First-Ever On-Camera Commercial Work (VIDEO)