Randy Travis' Brother Arrested for Home Meth Lab
David Traywick and his wife are being held on $500,000 bond apiece.
MARSHVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Authorities in North Carolina say a brother of country singer Randy Travis was arrested after sheriff's deputies found a methamphetamine lab inside his home.
Union County sheriff's investigators searched the home of 50-year-old David Traywick on Tuesday and said they found a working meth lab.
Deputies arrested Traywick, his wife, Jessica, and two other women, charging them with conspiracy to traffic meth. Bond was set at $500,000 bond apiece for David and Jessica Traywick. They were scheduled to appear in court Wednesday. It wasn't immediately clear whether either person has an attorney.
Last September, deputies charged David Traywick with cooking meth in a makeshift lab near his home in Marshville, about 35 miles southeast of Charlotte.
Travis is in a Texas hospital, where he's recovering from surgery following a stroke.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Masters Of Sex, Girls & "Boogie Train": Conversations with Michael Penn and Foghat's Roger Earl
- The Americans 'New Car' Recap: "I'm a Good Person, I Swear!"
- The Extremely Hard Lessons That the Themed Entertainment Industry Learned From Hard Rock Park
- Joe Biden Posts First Selfie With None Other Than President Obama