Rapper T.I. Back in Prison Following Luxury Bus Ride
The Grammy-winner’s mode of transportation from an Arkansas prison to an Atlanta halfway house has landed him back behind bars.
Rapper T.I. is back behind bars again after riding from an Arkansas prison to an Atlanta prison in a tricked out luxury bus.
The Grammy-winning rapper, whose real name is Clifford Joseph Harris, Jr., was scheduled to spend the last month of his 11 month prison sentence in the Dismas Charities halfway house, but the Federal Bureau of Prisons apparently had an issue with T.I.'s chosen mode of transportation. The performer is now back in a federal prison in Atlanta.
In an email to Reuters, T.I.'s attorney, Steve Sadow wrote, "We are awaiting the opportunity to quickly resolve whatever the issue may be that the Federal Bureau of Prisons has with T.I.'s method of transportation -- bus -- from Arkansas to Atlanta, so that T.I. can return to the hallway house to complete the remaining days of his sentence."
TMZ reported that VH1 cameras were filming T.I. from the moment he was released from the Arkansas prison as part of his upcoming 10-episode reality series chronicling the rapper's post-prison life. However, the cameras were not allowed inside the halfway house.
The Atlanta-based performer was sentenced in October 2010 after he was arrested on suspicion of possessing the drug ecstasy, a violation of his probation, stemming from an earlier charge of gun possession.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR