The Rascals Reunite for Broadway Show
The '60s rock 'n' roll band will reunite for a limited engagement this spring.
American rock ’n’ roll band The Rascals will hit Broadway in April with a musical/concert hybrid titled The Rascals: Once Upon a Dream.
The show is produced, directed and written by Steven Van Zandt, a member of Bruce Springsteen’s E Street Band who also stars in Netflix's Lillyhammer and played Silvio Dante on The Sopranos. Emmy winner Marc Brickman is also listed as a director of the project, and Van Zandt’s wife Maureen serves as co-producer.
“The Rascals created music that inspired a generation -- and that feeling has lived on through their original fans and the legions of new fans that have discovered their music over the years,” Steven Van Zandt said. “There is no better place than Broadway to celebrate this extraordinary reunion.”
The production begins previews April 15, with opening night set for April 18. Only 15 performances are scheduled, through May 5.
The show will feature original band members Felix Cavaliere (keyboard and vocals), Eddie Brigati (vocals), Dino Danelli (drums) and Gene Cornish (guitar) performing a full concert, including such classics as "Good Lovin',” "Groovin',” and "People Got to Be Free.” Once Upon a Dream, named after the band's 1968 fourth studio album, also will include a history of the Rascals told through archival footage, narration and film segments.
A version of the show was first performed in Port Chester, N.Y., in late 2012 and given favorable reviews. The group also briefly reunited for their 1997 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Broadway’s Richard Rogers Theatre will be home to the limited-run event, and superfans can purchase a special ticket package with an opportunity for a meet and greet with the band. Tickets for the general public go on sale Feb. 22.
- Scarlett Johansson, Lupita Nyong'o in Talks for Disney's 'Jungle Book' (Exclusive)
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Closed Captioning Finally Enters Digital Age
- 'Jurassic World': See The first Images From The Set Of Next Summer's Dinosaur Flick
- 'A New Earth' Author Eckhart Tolle Says We Have An Addiction To Unhappiness (VIDEO)
- Lake Bell Reveals Pregnancy By Cradling Her Belly In Tight Jumpsuit At Vanity Fair Party