Rashida Jones Joins Indie 'Decoding Annie Parker'
The Samantha Morton and Helen Hunt-starring project is currently in production in Los Angeles.
Rashida Jones has been cast in the drama-comedy Decoding Annie Parker, joining a cast that includes Helen Hunt, Samantha Morton, Aaron Paul, Corey Stoll and Maggie Grace.
The indie project from director Steven Bernstein is based on the true story of geneticist Mary Claire King, who discovered a gene linked to breast cancer. Hunt stars as King and Morton plays Annie Parker, a woman who resolves to fight her cancer diagnosis. Jones will play Kim, a friend who helps Morton's character with her research.
Media House Capital (Canada) Corp. is coming on board to co-finance Decoding, and will produce with Ozymandias Productions. Aaron L. Gilbert, Media House’ managing director, will also serve as an executive producer, along with Jonathan Brownlee and Sahil Chanana.
Decoding is in production in Los Angeles. The project is being produced by Clark Peterson, Stuart Ross, Keith Kjarval, Mary Vernieu and Ron Senkowski.
Jones' television credits include NBC's The Office and Parks and Recreation. On the film side, her credits include The Social Network and Our Idiot Brother; she will star in Disney’s forthcoming The Muppets and comedy Celeste and Jesse Forever, which she co-wrote.
Jones is represented by UTA, Brillstein Entertainment Partners and Schreck Rose Dapello Adams & Hurwitz LLP.
UTA Independent Film Group will represent North American rights to Decoding.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR