Raven Banner Acquires Canadian Rights to 'Cabin Fever' Reboot
The genre distributor will release the latest installment of Eli Roth's film franchise in early 2014.
TORONTO – Raven Banner Entertainment has picked up the Canadian rights to Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, the reboot of Eli Roth's horror film franchise directed by comic book artist Kaare Andrews.
The Canadian genre distributor plans an early 2014 release for the fright-fest about a bachelor party cruise in the Caribbean that unexpectedly runs ashore on a medical-research island, where a deadly virus is unleashed.
Cabin Fever: Patient Zero, penned by Jake Wade Wall (The Hitcher), stars Sean Astin (Lord of the Rings), Currie Graham, Ryan Donowho, Brando Eaton and Jillian Murray.
The deal was hammered out by Raven Banner's Michael Paszt, James Fler and Annick Mahnert, along with Kevin Hoiseth from Voltage Pictures.
Recent release titles from Raven Banner include Stephen Sommers’ Odd Thomas, Don Coscarelli’s John Dies at the End, and Nothing Left To Fear, by rocker Slash.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws