Ravi Shankar Memorial Service Set for Thursday
The sitar legend died Dec. 11 at age 92.
A memorial service to celebrate the life and legacy of Ravi Shankar is set for Thursday in Encinitas, Calif.
Shankar, a master of the sitar who brought the music of India to the Western world during the 1960s, died Dec. 11 in a La Jolla, Calif., hospital after undergoing heart-valve replacement surgery a week earlier. He was 92.
The service is scheduled for 10:30 a.m. at the Self-Realization Fellowship (enter through the main tower) on the corner of Highway 101 & K Street in Encinitas. Shankar had a home in the San Diego suburb.
Another memorial will be held in India in January, with details to be announced.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR