Ray Harryhausen to get special BAFTA
John Landis to host event on June 26 at BFI
LONDON -- One of cinema's original puppet masters, producer and visual effects creator Ray Harryhausen, is to be presented with a British Academy of Film and Television Arts' special award for his unique and outstanding contribution to cinema.
Director John Landis will host a special event this weekend to celebrate the special effects maverick's work which includes creating the creatures for cult classics such as 1981's "Clash of The Titans," "The 7th Voyage of Sinbad" in 1958 and "Jason and the Argonauts" in 1963.
The award will be presented during an evening hosted by BAFTA and the British Film Institute June 26 with well wisher contributions expected from James Cameron, Tim Burton, Ray Bradbury, George Lucas, Steven Spielberg, Guillermo Del Toro, and Aardman animations.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's Top 25 Stylist, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zosia Mamet Attends 'Hand To God' Opening Night with Boyfriend Evan Jonigkeit!
- Rita Ora Rocks Sexy Pink Bodysuit for L.A. Music Video Shoot!
- Shirtless Josh Henderson's Six Pack is Unreal in Op's Latest Campaign with Bikini-Clad Nina Agdal!
- Ian Somerhalder & Kristen Bell Set to Present at Kids' Choice Awards 2014!