Ray Liotta in Talks to Play Bad Guy Opposite Chloe Moretz in 'The Rut' (Exclusive)
Moretz and "Magic City" actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan are starring in the project, being described as Winter’s Bone meets Whale Rider.
Ray Liotta is in negotiations to play the villain in The Rut, an indie drama being directed by Karyn Kusama.
Chloe Moretz, recently attached to Carrie, and Magic City actor Jeffrey Dean Morgan, are starring in the project, being described as Winter’s Bone meets Whale Rider.
Written by Kevin Caruso, the story centers on a young girl (Moretz) who, in order to win the approval of her father (Morgan), surrounds herself with danger and adventure as she journeys into the wilderness alone to hunt deer.
Liotta will play a nemesis hunter to Moretz, a man who is obsessed with bow hunting and considers Morgan his rival.
Aaron Magnani and Martha Griffin are producing. Teri and Trevor Moretz are exec producing.
Liotta next will appear in Killing Them Softly with Brad Pitt; the Andrew Dominik-directed movie was chosen this week to have its premiere at the Cannes Film Festival. Liotta will also appear in The Iceman, a serial killer thriller whose cast includes Chris Evans, James Fracno, Michael Shannon and Winona Ryder.
He is repped by UTA, Untitled and Hansen Jacobson.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'