RCA Records Promotes Jennifer Fowler To SVP, Digital Marketing
RCA's roster includes Chris Brown, Usher, R. Kelly, P!nk, Alicia Keys, Ke$ha and Adam Lambert.
RCA Records today announced the promotion of Jennifer Fowler to senior vice president, digital marketing from her previous post of vice president, digital marketing. She will remain in the New York office and continue to report to RCA president and COO Tom Corson.
In her new position, Fowler will be tasked with overseeing digital and mobile marketing, as well as direct-to-consumer label initiatives. RCA's roster includes Grammy winners Chris Brown, Usher, R. Kelly, P!nk, and Alicia Keys, as well as pop stars Ke$ha and Adam Lambert.
"Jennifer continues to provide the stellar RCA Records' roster with excellent support and dynamic campaigns across all digital platforms," said Corson in a statement. "She leads an impressive team that knows how to engage the artists and music fans alike. Jen taking on additional responsibility and leadership will only strengthen RCA's position at the forefront of the digital arena."
Fowler joined the Sony Music Entertainment umbrella in 2001, working as manager of new media at J Records, where she was in charge of designing online marketing campaigns for the J roster, which boasted Alicia Keys, Gavin DeGraw and Rod Stewart, to name a few. Before signing on to the label, she served as senior director of label and artist relations at eMusic, working closely with labels like Epitaph and Concord Jazz, managing marketing and operations.
Fowler's promotions helps to firm up the marketing team for RCA, which was part of a major overhaul in August after Sony Music Entertainment CEO Doug Morris appointed Peter Edge as RCA's CEO, leading to a structural shakeup that included multiple executive-level layoffs.
"I am truly grateful and thrilled to be given the opportunity to take on an expanded role at RCA Records. It is an exciting and transformative time for our industry as a whole," said Fowler in a statement. "I am looking forward to working under the extraordinary leadership of my mentors, Tom Corson and Peter Edge, where we will continue to position RCA Records at the forefront of the digital marketplace."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)