Real Channing Tatum Stripper Videos Go Viral as 'Magic Mike' Opens (Photo, Video)
The "Magic Mike" star's exotic past is slowly emerging on the internet ahead of his new film's release.
In case you hadn't heard: Channing Tatum was once a stripper.
Yes, the tales told in his new film, Magic Mike, are steeped in fact, and based on his own life: In the late 90's, Tatum dropped out of college and worked as an exotic dancer in male revues in Florida, performing under the name Chan Crawford.
From there, he went on to become a music video dancer, and ultimately, a leading man in Hollywood. And he isn't afraid of his stripper past, either; otherwise, he wouldn't be starring in a movie based on it (or denying that he stole moves and stories from fellow dancers).
Still, admitting it and showing it are two entirely different things, and while there were no camera phones or easy-to-upload sites like YouTube at the time, some precious footage of Tatum (nee Crawford) working it in his most immodest costumes has cleared the technological divide and made its way up onto the web. Good luck throwing dollar bills at your monitor.
Countdown to the Oscars
- Sandra Bullock to Make $70 Million (At Least) for 'Gravity'
- '12 Years a Slave': Solomon Northup's Descendants Gather for THR Photo Shoot, Reflect on His Legacy
- 20 Feet From Movie Stardom: The Overlooked Story of Hollywood's Greatest Extra
- Six Top Directors on Fighting With Studios, Firing Actors and Quitting Film School
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Maya Angelou Shares The Advice She'd Give Her Younger Self (VIDEO)
- Red Carpet Protesters Ask For Yearly Wages That Add Up To At Least One Oscar Gown
- Kristen Ellis-Henderson and Cathy Henderson of Antigone Rising Talk New EP Supporting LGBT Rights (AUDIO)
- Oscar Winners Should Learn From Joe Pesci & Alfred Hitchcock
- Lupita Nyong'o & Helen Mirren Show Admiration For Each Other at Women In Film Pre-Oscar Party!
- Chris Brown Diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder & PTSD; Staying in Rehab For 2 More Months
- Shailene Woodley & Theo James Capture the Cameras at ICG Publicists Awards with Star Appeal!
- Nicole Beharie & Xosha Roquemore: Essence Luncheon 2014!