'Real Housewives of Beverly Hills'' Russell Armstrong at L.A. County Coroner's Office
"After a preliminary investigation, it is being treated as a suicide,” confirms a spokesman.
The body of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills' Russell Armstrong -- who is estranged from wife Taylor -- has been transported to the Los Angeles County Coroner's office.
"The examination by the doctor is still pending," John Cades, the captain of the Los Angeles County of Coroner tells The Hollywood Reporter. "After a preliminary investigation, it is being treated as a suicide."
TMZ.com, which first reported the story, says that Russell was found on Monday night hanging in his bedroom, which the West Los Angeles Police reported to the coroner's office.
The deputy medical examiner will determine if Russell will undergo a full autopsy, which would occur Wednesday or Thursday.
"It's very preliminary," Cades says of the investigation.
The L.A. City Fire Department pronounced him dead at 8:16 p.m. on Monday. His roommate reportedly made the 911 call.
Authorities have not yet found a suicide note.
Taylor filed for divorce last month, alleging that Russell physically abused her. She was informed by authorities of his death Monday night.
Bravo's Real Housewives on Monday announced a three-city tour to kick off this fall.
Season 2 of RHOBH premieres Sept. 5 with added castmates Brandi Glanville (actor Eddie Cibrian's ex-wife) and Armstrong pal Dana Wilkey.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR