'Real Housewives' head to off-net syndication
Reruns begin in fall 2010
NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution has cleared nonscripted Bravo franchise "The Real Housewives" in more than 60% of the country for a Monday to Friday off-network syndication launch beginning in fall 2010.
Clearances include all 10 of the NBC Local Media broadcast stations (New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., Miami, San Diego and Hartford) and broadcast stations owned by CBS, Hearst Television, Media General, Post-Newsweek, Raycom and Sinclair.
" 'The Real Housewives' franchise has all of the characteristics of a daytime hit: strong characters, terrific story-telling and escapism," said Barry Wallach, president, NBC Universal Domestic Television Distribution. "The series has truly become a national phenomenon, gaining in popularity each season and scoring huge local ratings on Bravo."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR