'Real Housewives' Star Lisa Vanderpump's Former Mansion Is a Teardown
The 17,000-square-foot French chateau-style home sold for $19 million in 2011, but newer homes are appearing in the 30,000-square-foot range.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Beverly Park is undergoing its first teardown -- of Real Housewife of Beverly Hills' Lisa Vanderpump's former 17,000-square-foot French Chateau-style manse that reportedly sold for $19 million in 2011. Although the house was damaged by fire last year, that may not be the reason the 23-year-old gated community is undergoing its debut demolition.
"When Beverly Park was built, homes were 10,000 square feet, humongous at the time," says The Agency co-founder Mauricio Umansky, who sold the Vanderpump estate."The newer homes are at 30,000 square feet. This marks the beginning of a second generation of construction."
As for the current owner? "If you put something large there," he says, "you'll have a $30 to $40 million home."
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Isabel Lucas & Jim Sturgess Bring 'Electric Slide' to Tribeca Film Fest!
- Sofia Vergara's 'Fading Gigalo' Threesome Scene: I Was a Little Nervous!
- Leighton Meester Enjoyed Easter Dinner with Husband Adam Brody - Find Out the Romantic Details! (Exclusive)
- Emma Stone Publicly Questions Boyfriend Andrew Garfield's Views on Femininity - Watch Now!