'Real Housewives' Star Lisa Vanderpump's Former Mansion Is a Teardown
The 17,000-square-foot French chateau-style home sold for $19 million in 2011, but newer homes are appearing in the 30,000-square-foot range.
This story first appeared in the Dec. 6 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
Beverly Park is undergoing its first teardown -- of Real Housewife of Beverly Hills' Lisa Vanderpump's former 17,000-square-foot French Chateau-style manse that reportedly sold for $19 million in 2011. Although the house was damaged by fire last year, that may not be the reason the 23-year-old gated community is undergoing its debut demolition.
"When Beverly Park was built, homes were 10,000 square feet, humongous at the time," says The Agency co-founder Mauricio Umansky, who sold the Vanderpump estate."The newer homes are at 30,000 square feet. This marks the beginning of a second generation of construction."
As for the current owner? "If you put something large there," he says, "you'll have a $30 to $40 million home."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR