'Real Housewives of New Jersey' Cast Members Sued Over Alleged Attack in Caribbean
In a new lawsuit, a Chicago clan claims that Teresa Guidice and others from the Bravo series beat up two family members at a resort.
A Chicago family has filed a lawsuit against Real Housewives of New Jersey cast member following a trip to the Caribbean, the Associated Press reported.
Yolanda Martinez and some of her relatives filed a lawsuit Monday in New York, claiming that Bravo series star Teresa Guidice sprayed champagne in Martinez's face. The suit also claims that Guidice and others from the show beat up Martinez’s son-in-law and his cousin Feb. 23 in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic.
"Bravo has not seen a copy of the complaint so we cannot comment on the specifics," a network spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter. "We can, however correct the misstatements that were reported. The Real Housewives of New Jersey was NOT taping at the time the incident occurred. We believe that the settlement agreements both the plaintiffs and their lawyers previously negotiated and signed will be enforced and these claims are completely without merit."
A representative for producers Sirens Media had no immediate comment.
The lawsuit says Martinez’s son-in-law, Adolfo Arreola, and his cousin Jason Gomez quickly signed $25,000 settlements that also covered up to $12,000 in medical expenses. According to the suit, they agreed to the settlements because they wanted to fly hoe but didn't cash the checks.
The lawsuit seeks unspecified damages.
This isn't the first legal drama for the Guidice family.
In March, Guidice's husband Joe was arrested and charged with illegally obtaining a New Jersey driver's license and faces up to 10 years in prison.
- John Oliver on the Luxurious 'Freedom' of HBO, His Complicated Relationship With NYC
- The Hollywood Reporter's 35 Most Powerful People in New York Media 2014
- Cannes Preview: The Hot Movies in the Running to Hit the Croisette
- CBS' $67 Million Man: Does Leslie Moonves' Moolah Make Sense?
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' Sequel in the Works at Fox 2000 (Exclusive)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Kim Kardashian's Nuptials to Kanye West Could Be the Wedding of the Century!
- Miranda Kerr Will Chop Off Her Long Hair One Day, Be Prepared!
- Katie Holmes Shows Star Power Right Before Tribeca Film Festival Kicks Off!
- Ryan Lochte & Ireland Baldwin Are Proud American Icons for Calvin Klein White Label's Campaign!