Another 'Real Housewives' Star Considered Suicide After Appearing on Show (Video)
"Everybody's coming at you, and judging you, and they don't even know you," says Danielle Staub of the pressure Russell Armstrong may have felt on reality TV.
Former Real Housewives of New Jersey cast member Danielle Staub says she also considered suicide after appearing on the Bravo reality show.
"I was very close to taking my own life -- not just on one occasion -- it's been several times," Staub tells Entertainment Tonight.
"And what always saved me was the thought of my children living with that for the rest of their lives. I didn't want them to have that memory of me. I wanted them to remember me -- even if I'm going through my struggles -- alive," added Staub, who currently appears on VH1's Famous Food on Wednesdays at 8 p.m.
When asked about the suicide of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills husband Russell Armstrong, a teary Staub said, "I don't have words to describe how alone you feel. And everybody's coming at you, and judging you, and they don't even know you."
"It's really hard to talk to people who are not in our genre about what really goes on when the lights go down. And maybe your family starts to break apart, and you get caught up in it. And I'm not blaming anybody for what I've been through, I'm just saying it's hard to explain to people who aren't doing this for a living," she says of appearing on reality TV.
"There's so much hate in this world. And I just hope that his children and Taylor, and his ex-wife as well, all know that my genuine heartfelt sympathy and empathy, especially empathy, is with them at this time and always," she went on.
Russell's body was found on Monday in the L.A. home he'd been living since his estranged wife Taylor filed for divorce in July.
The second season of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills kicks off Sept. 5.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack