RealD Strikes 3D Tech Deal With Bulgaria's Largest Exhibitor
The 3D technology provider will equip 44 Kino Arena screens in the Eastern European territory.
LONDON -- RealD, the 3D movie technology specialist has inked a deal with Bulgaria's largest cinema exhibitor Kino Arena, to be the circuit's exclusive 3D tech provider.
The deal means RealD 3D technology is initially expected to be installed across 44 Kino Arena screens, including all seven screens of the flagship Kino Arena, which is expected to open in the country's capital Sofia, Dec. 21.
Kino Arena currently operates 10 cinema locations, across six cities, with a total of 77 screens including two standalone multiplexes with the country’s biggest cinema auditoriums.
RealD now boasts approximately 21,500 screens equipped with RealD 3D by approximately 900 exhibitors in 68 countries around the world by the end of September this year.
RealD 3D is high frame rate compatible and was recently chosen as the 3D presentation provider for the world premiere of Peter Jackson’s The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey in New Zealand, the first movie to be filmed and presented in a higher frame rate.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR