RealD Strikes Deal With Third Russian Cinema Chain
The 3D technology licenser will equip up to 60 screens in Russia's Mirage Cinema Group locations.
LONDON -- RealD, a leading global licensor of 3D technologies, has struck a deal to install its equipment at up to 60 sites at Mirage cinema locations across Russia.
It marks the 3D specialist's third deal in Russia following pacts with Karo Films and Kinomax.
The latest pact with Mirage will see existing 3D systems from another competitor removed and replaced with RealD 3D.
"This agreement with Mirage further demonstrates our continued focus on growth in the Russian market," said Robert Mayson, managing director of RealD Europe.
Mirage Cinema Group president Alexander Ivoninsky said, "RealD’s technology advantage will give even our largest auditoriums a bright and clear 3D image onscreen that promises to immerse audiences like never before."
Installation of RealD 3D technology at Mirage theaters has begun.
Mirage Cinema Group, founded by Ivoninsky in 2001, operates 10 theaters with 62 screens in the Russian Federation.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR