Rebecca Black's Latest Single Tops 22 Million Streams
"My Moment" continues to climb as the singer reveals she dropped out of school after being bullied.
Rebecca Black may have been bullied at school after "Friday" surprisingly went viral, but she's more popular than ever on YouTube.
Her follow-up single, "My Moment," has topped 22 million streams.
Black revealed on ABC News' Nightline Wednesday that she dropped out of school after the bullying got so bad.
"When I walk by they'll start singing 'Friday' in a really nasally voice," she said of her classmates. "Or, you know, they'll be like, 'Oh hey, Rebecca, guess what day it is?'"
"She certainly did not need that kind of pressure," added her mother, Georgina Marquez, a teacher now home-schooling her daughter while she focuses on her career.
Black says she has made enough money from Friday to pay for her college tuition, but does not know the exact amount.
In addition to "Friday" being featured on an episode of Fox's hit Glee, she also appeared in Katy Perry's video for "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" and won the Teen Choice Award for Choice Web Star at Sunday's show.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR