Rebecca Black to Release New Single
"My Moment" debuts July 18. The 14-year-old YouTube sensation is also putting the finishing touches on a five-song EP, due out in August.
Rebecca Black is releasing a new single, her first since “Friday” became a viral video sensation.
“My Moment” will debut on Black’s Youtube channel starting at 8:00 p.m. on July 18 as well as the singer’s official website, RebeccaBlackOnline.com. The following day, the song will be available for purchase on iTunes and other online retailers.
Written by Brandon "Blue" Hamilton, whose credits included a track on Justin Bieber’s Never Say Never: The Remixes, and Quinton Tolbert and produced by Charlton Pettus (Tears for Fears, Hilary Duff), its accompanying video features footage of Black receiving an award at her junior high school and attending red carpet premieres to “tell the story of her sudden rise to fame,” according to a statement. “It’s a fairytale story, but it happened in real life.”
Black is also putting the finishing touches on a five-track EP, which she will self-release in August, foregoing the traditional route of signing with a label.
It caps off a tremendous year for the 14-year-old, who most recently scored a co-starring role in Katy Perry’s “Last Friday Night” music video. Black’s video for “Friday” surpassed Bieber’s “Baby” to become the most played Youtube clip of all time, with 167 million views and counting.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR