Hollywood Holidays: Rebecca Minkoff Makes Healthy Mashed Potatoes for Thanksgiving
Tastes like mashed potatoes, but without the extra calories.
Thanksgiving is fast approaching, and if you've been having a hard time trying to figure out what you're planning to bring to Friendsgiving or to cook for your family's upcoming feast, fret not. We've asked fashion and beauty insiders to share their favorite recipes in celebration of the upcoming holiday. Here, fashion designer Rebecca Minkoff shares her paleo cauliflower "mashed potatoes" recipe.
"I love making these because you feel like you’re eating mashed potatoes, but without the guilt. And it’s a great way to get my kids to eat veggies," says Rebecca Minkoff. "You can use cauliflower to make delicious pizza crust too!"
1 large head cauliflower, core removed and cut into evenly sized florets
1/4 cup Ghee
1 teaspoon kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 tablespoon plain, unsweetened almond milk (as needed)
1. Remove cauliflower florets from core, cut into evenly sized pieces.
2. Place a couple of inches of water and a pinch of kosher salt in a large pot.
3. Set the water over high heat and bring to a boil.
4. While the water is heating, prepare the cauliflower. Wash and cut in half.
5. Once water is boiling, place cauliflower florets into pot and cover. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes until florets are very tender and almost falling apart.
6. Place Ghee and salt in the bowl of food processor. Add steamed florets to processor.
7. Process for 2 to 3 minutes until smooth.
8. Add freshly ground black pepper to taste and almond milk only if needed to loosen.
You can add any other toppings or mix-ins you like with your "potatoes."