Rebel Wilson Sells Comedy Pitch to Universal
Wilson is attached to write the script, act and produce the untitled project.
Hot off her scene-stealing work in Universal/Gold Circle’s Pitch Perfect, Rebel Wilson has sold an untitled comedy pitch to Universal, THR has confirmed.
No details are available on the project, although Wilson is attached to write the script, and will also act and produce.
It’s been a fast rise for Australian actress, who came to Hollywood’s attention with a small but memorable role in Universal’s 2011 comedy hit Bridesmaids.
Off of that movie, she booked a role in the raunchy comedy Bachelorette, replacing Casey Wilson who had fallen out, and was the first person cast in Pitch Perfect, centered around college a cappella groups.
Perfect went wide last week after a platform opening the week prior, and has sung its way to a healthy $21.7 million gross so far.
Next up for Wilson are roles in Chris Colfer’s Struck by Lightning and Michael Bay’s Pain & Gain
SVP of production Erik Baiers will oversee Wilson’s project for the studio.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR