Record Box Office Pushes the Bar for Brazilian Films
2:27 PM PST 1/4/2011 by Agustin Mango
Outgoing president signs decree expanding screen quotas to favor local productions.
BUENOS AIRES – Elite Squad 2’s record performance – it became Brazil’s most popular film ever, and even eclipsed Avatar at the box office — seems to have encouraged Brazilian film protectionism to take a small step forward.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile