Record Exec: ‘American Idol’ Deals Not Cheap, Not Always Worth the Expense
4:54 PM PST 11/23/2010 by Shirley Halperin
Remember last season winner Lee DeWyze? You're not alone. The new issue of The Hollywood Reporter examines why winners on tv’s number one show often fail to launch.
After nearly a decade, American Idol is coming under more scrutiny in the run-up to its upcoming season without Simon Cowell and with a new slate of judges. One factoid under fire: the inconsistent album sales of Idol alums.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
Social & Mobile