Record Results at German Multiplex Group CinemaxX
Operating profits climb 10 percent despite drop in ticket sales.
COLOGNE, Germany - German multiplex operator CinemaxX booked record operating profits last year, boosting EBITDA results some 10 percent to $55 million (€41.2 million). Revenue was also up slightly at $297 million (€223 million), though the increase was mainly due to a tax rebate of some $9 million.
Overall attendance at CinemaxX theaters was down by 7.1 percent but pricier 3D tickets made up for the difference.
For 2012, the company is forecasting an increase in ticket sales but, without the one-off tax rebate, for operating profits to below below last year's figures.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack