Red Arrow Entertainment Group Buys CPL Productions
The U.K. production company is behind Sky One's "A League of Their Own" and Ronnie Corbett's Radio 4's "When the Dog Dies."
COLOGNE, Germany - Red Arrow Entertainment Group, the international production and sales division of European broadcasting giant ProSiebenSat.1, has taken a majority stake in British non-scripted production house CPL Productions.
CPL specializes in entertainment and factual formats for TV and radio, with programs such as sports entertainment panel show A League of Their Own on Sky1 and When the Dog Dies, a Radio 4 comedy series featuring legendary Brit comedian Ronnie Corbett.
CPL's management team - Danielle Lux, Murray Boland, Heather Hampson and Janet Oakes - will continue to run the company, joined by James Baker and Joel Denton, managing directors of Red Arrow UK.
Under the agreement, Red Arrow subsidiary SevenOne International will handle worldwide sales for new formats and finished shows produced by CPL. The British firm will also have exclusive first look rights to Red Arrow's slate of international formats, with an eye to producing versions for the U.K. market.
The CPL deal is Red Arrow's first move into the British non-scripted market, but the group already has a foothold in the U.K. drama business, having bought a majority stake last year in BAFTA-winning group the Mob Film Co., makers of Terry Prachett's The Hogfather.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10