Red Arrow's Jens Richter to Head FremantleMedia International
Richter, who has been key in expanding Red Arrow’s international business, will take over as new CEO of FremantleMedia’s global operations when his current contract expires.
Jens Richter, the head of ProSiebenSat.1’s international production and sales operation Red Arrow, has been named the new CEO of FremantleMedia International, taking over the position left open when David Ellender exited the post earlier this year.
Fremantle confirmed that Richter would be taking up the job when his current contract with Red Arrow expires. In the interim, FMI’s regional EVPs, including Jamie Lynn, Lisa Honig and Paul Ridley, will run the group’s day-to-day business with oversight from FremantleMedia International’s COO Bob McCourt.
The German-born Richter has run Red Arrow since 2004 and has been a driving force in the group‘s rapid international expansion, which has led to high-profile deals including the company’s recent joint venture with Mark Burnett’s One Three Media. At Red Arrow, he has been responsible for the international distribution of everything from entertainment formats such as cooking competition The Taste and hidden-camera comedy show Betty White’s Off Their Rockers to the Netflix crime comedy Lilyhammer.
"Jens is an outstanding and dynamic executive with extensive knowledge and experience of the international distribution market, and we are really excited to welcome him to the team,” Fremantle said in a statement.
FremantleMedia International has been scouting for a new boss since Ellender left the company this summer after 12 years at the job. Richter will report to FremantleMedia chief executive Cecile Frot-Coutaz and will relocate to London from his current base in Munich.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)