'Red Dawn' Trailer: Tom Cruise's Son Battles Bad Guys With Chris Hemsworth (Video)
Josh Hutcherson, who plays Peeta in "The Hunger Games," also stars in the remake of the 1984 action thriller.
The Red Dawn trailer has landed online, showing Tom Cruise's son, Connor Cruise, in his first major film role as a Midwestern teenager defending his home turf from North Korean invaders.
The 17-year-old, whose mother is Nicole Kidman, wields a gun as he joins forces with The Wolverines, an army of young fighters led by Chris Hemworth, to battle the baddies -- and save America in the process. Josh Hutcherson, Isabel Lucas, Josh Peck and Adrianne Palicki also star in Dan Bradley's remake of the bloody 1984 film that featured Patrick Swayze and Charlie Sheen taking on Soviet soldiers.
Unsurprisingly, the promo is rife with suspense and a Hunger Games-esque sense of dread, as in: "This can't turn out well."
The movie, which was filmed in 2009 but famously held up because of MGM’s financial woes, hits theaters Nov. 21.
Check out the trailer below.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR