RED Distribution Signs [PIAS] Music Group for North American Distribution Deal
The leading European independent label and distributor will handle both digital and physical product for the continent.
RED Distribution has signed the [PIAS] Music Group, a leading European independent label and distributor, to an exclusive distribution agreement covering both digital and physical product for North America.
As part of the deal, in Canada, RED will handle distribution in conjunction with Sony Music Canada. The first release under the agreement will be the new album from Editors, The Weight of Your Love, set for July 2, 2013.
Last month, [PIAS] announced it was opening a New York office, headed by Sean Maxson, who previously was the GM of Cooperative Music (Co-Op) USA. [PIAS] acquired Co-Op earlier this year from UMG. The new [PIAS] America office office will look after releases from the [PIAS] in-house labels, which include Play It Again Sam and Different and the new [PIAS] Cooperative label licensing division.
The deal will also allow the [PIAS]-distributed labels to also go through RED if they don't have their own arrangements for North America. In a statement, [PIAS] Music Group founder and CEO Kenny Gates said, "Joining the RED family fits perfectly with our global vision of providing a high standard of marketing, sales and distribution services to our artists and labels in every major market."
RED president Bob Morelli added in a statement. "We are excited to be working in support of the talented [PIAS] team and their great roster of artists, and we look forward to achieving much success together."
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Shakira Reveals Why Music Videos With Men Are 'Out Of the Question'
- Even Juan Pablo Thinks This Season Of 'The Bachelor' Has Been A Soap Opera
- DJ Cassidy Shares Details On New Album, 'Paradise Royale,' And The Resurgence Of Disco
- 7-Year-Old Stuns Viewers When She Sings 'Gloomy Sunday' By Billie Holiday (VIDEO)