Red Flag to release '8: The Mormon Proposition'
Reed Cowan's doc bows June 18
New indie distributor Red Flag Releasing will open Reed Cowan’s documentary "8: The Mormon Proposition" simultaneously in theaters, as an On Demand cable and satellite offering and through digital download channels on June 18.
Narrated by Dustin Lance Black, the doc recounts the Mormon Church's involvement in the campaign on behalf of California's Proposition 8, which banned same-sex marriage in the state.
The film will open in theaters in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Boston, Salt Lake City, Atlanta, Palm Springs, Phoenix, San Diego, Dallas, Houston and Honolulu.
It was produced by Cowan, Steven Greenstreet (who co-directed), Chris Volz and Emily Pearson for David V. Goliath Prods. Cowan and Bruce Bastian served as executive producers.
Red Flag was recently launched by indie vets Paul Federbush, Laura Kim and Ron Stein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR