Red Granite Boards Leonardo DiCaprio Wall Street Pic (Cannes)
Firm has acquired the rights to "The Wolf of Wall Street," and will produce the film along with the actor's Appian Way shingle and EMJAG Prods.
CANNES -- Red Granite Pictures, the Los Angeles-based film production, finance and international sales company, has come on board The Wolf of Wall Street, which has Leonardo DiCaprio attached to star in the account of the rise and fall of Wall Street player Jordan Belfort.
Granite has acquired the rights to Belfort’s memoir of the same name and will produce the film with DiCaprio’s Appian Way and Alexandra Milchan’s EMJAG Prods.
Granite’s founder, chairman and CEO Riza Aziz and vice chairman Joey McFarland, who announced their involvement Wednesday in Cannes, will serve as producers.
Terence Winter (Boardwalk Empire) has written the screenplay about Belfort, who was indicted in 1998 for securities fraud and money laundering and spent 22 months in federal prison before becoming a motivational speaker.
“There is no better time to tell Jordan Belfort’s amazing story,” said Appian Way’s Jennifer Killoran. “The entire Appian Way team is excited to partner with Red Granite and EMJAG on The Wolf of Wall Street, and look forward to a successful collaboration.”
DiCaprio is repped by Rick Yorn. Red Granite is represented by law firm Loeb & Loeb and management firm Nigro Karlin Segal & Feldstein.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- The Hollywood Reporter's 25 Most Powerful Stylists, Revealed
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR