Redbox Snags Warner Bros. Home Entertainment President
The DVD rental kiosk has named as president Mark Horak, formerly president of Americas at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment.
Redbox has named a new president.
The DVD rental kiosk company announced Thursday that Mark Horak, previously president of Americas at Warner Bros. Home Entertainment, will start in the role on March 17.
Horak began his career at Warner Bros. in marketing, eventually managing his region's profits and losses in the physical video, digital and video game businesses. Before that he worked in the food industry at Dole Packaged Foods, StarKist Seafood Co. and Nabisco Brands.
"We're excited to have an individual as talented and experienced as Mark Horak join Redbox," said J. Scott Di Valerio, CEO of Redbox parent company Outerwall Inc. "Mark understands both the physical and digital aspects of the business and will help us continue to carve out our path to support the home entertainment ecosystem driving value for consumers, studios, retail partners and our company."
Horak added, "As the media landscape evolves, it's an exciting time to work on the next phase of the business with an emphasis on driving growth for Redbox."
He replaces previous president Anne Saunders, who left in late 2013. Her departure came as part of a restructuring at Outerwall. The company laid off 8.5 percent of its workforce, or 251 employees, in an effort to reduce costs by about $22 million annually.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'