RedOne Partners With Capitol for Worldwide Deal
The Grammy-winning producer, songwriter and founder of 2101 Records has worked with Lady Gaga, Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull and Usher, among others.
RedOne’s 2101 Records will be distributed by Universal Music Group’s Capitol Records and its operations based at the Capitol Records Tower in Hollywood. Capitol Music Group chairman and CEO Steve Barnett made the announcement May 1.
Barnett said Capitol is “especially relying on his acumen as an executive and his commitment to discovering and guiding new talent through 2101 Records.”
Projects at the label will be overseen by RedOne, 2101 Records general manager Ray De La Garza and other executives.
Initial 2101 Records artists include pop quintet Midnight Red, industrial-rock pop artist Porcelain Black and indie-rock/electro hip-hop band 7Lions. Signings of established and new artists are expected shortly.
Formed in 2010, 2101 Records earned its first platinum-selling single with Havana Brown’s, “We Run The Night” featuring Pitbull and had an international success with Mohombi. He won two Grammys for his work with Lady Gaga.
RedOne, real name Nadir Khayat, is a Moroccan/Swedish-born producer, songwriter and music executive. He has worked with Jennifer Lopez, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, Enrique Iglesias, Akon, Usher and others.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR