Redstone donates $1 mil to Autism Speaks
Gift marks Viacom boss' biggest contribution to organization
Viacom boss Sumner Redstone will contribute $1 million to the advocacy group Autism Speaks.
The gift has been earmarked for scientific research into causes of autism and effective treatments. The donation represents his biggest contribution to Autism Speaks, which Redstone has supported in the past.
“I hope this contribution will inspire others to give to this wonderful organization that brings hope to all those dealing with autism,” Redstone said.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR