Reelz Rejects AshleyMadison Ad for 'Kennedys' Miniseries
"I don't think Reelz is the place" for a dating-service website for cheaters, says CEO Stan Hubbard.
ReelzChannel has rejected an ad from dating-service website for cheaters AshleyMadison to air during its controversial Kennedys miniseries next week, the channel's CEO says.
“It's a dating service for people that want to cheat on their spouses," Stan Hubbard tells the New York Post. "I don't care if anyone cheats, but I don't think Reelz is the place for that to be presented, particularly for The Kennedys."
While Hubbard admits the series -- starring Katie Holmes as Jackie. O and Greg Kinnear as JFK (see photos from the premiere) -- will address Kennedy's infidelities, he argues they're "part of the circumstance that create the family dynamic that JFK is in while making decisions that affect the nation."
Hubbard says AshleyMadison execs "go out of their way to make high-profile television spots they get turned down for" for attention.
AshleyMadison CEO Noel Biderman, who would have paid about $15,000 for the commercial, tells the NY Post, "If they feel this is a stunt, then let us air our ad. We're still happy to move forward if they'll reconsider."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR