ReelzChannel Acquires Canadian Cop Drama 'Cracked'
The U.S. channel bought the Stefanie von Pfetten and David Sutcliffe starrer from White Pine Pictures.
TORONTO – ReelzChannel has picked up the Canadian police procedural Cracked.
The White Pine Pictures drama, which airs in Canada on the CBC, stars Stefanie von Pfetten (Battlestar Galactica) and David Sutcliffe at work in a Toronto-based Psych Crimes Unit.
The U.S. deal for the one-hour import was negotiated by Carrie Stein, who represents Cracked in the States.
German sales outfit BetaFilm earlier sold Cracked to French broadcaster Groupe Canal+ and companion French Pay TV Channel 13ème Rue Universal / NBCU.
ReelzChannel has aired other Canadian series like The Kennedys and World Without End.
The U.S. channel also is co-developing a miniseries based on J. Randy Taraborrelli’s book After Camelot: A Personal History of the Kennedy Family from 1968 to the Present with Montreal indie producer Muse Entertainment.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack