ReelzChannel to Air Creative Arts Emmys
On the heels of its 10 Emmy nominations, the cable networks will air the awards show on Sept. 17.
Reelzchannel is laying claim to this year's Creative Arts Emmys.
For his 17th time, Spike Jones, Jr will produce the kudofest, which will tape on Sept. 10 and air on Reelz a week later. It's a fitting next step for the cable network, which garnered 10 Emmy nominations for its controversial miniseries, The Kennedys. After a series of rival cable networks, beginning with History, passed on the Katie Holmes and Greg Kinnear vehicle, Reelz jumped in to acquire it. In addition to the buzz it generated for the little known network, the miniseries made Reelz the fourth most nominated cable network.
"Our network has tremendous momentum with significant ratings growth and with the addition of signature television events such as the Creative Arts Awards we're bringing our viewers the best from the world of entertainment," said ReelzChannel chief executive Stan E. Hubbard in a statement.
Added Jones Jr., "When I started producing this show there was only one Law and Order and nobody knew Raymond."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game
- George Lopez Returns With 'Saint George' And Talks Diversity On Television (VIDEO)
- Brittany Murphy & Dakota Fanning Were The Perfect Couple In 'Uptown Girls'