Reelzchannel Orders Polka Band Reality Series
"Polka Kings," which centers on The Chardon Polka Band, will get a fall debut.
Reelzchannel has ordered a new reality series centered on a polka band.
The half-hour Polka Kings tells the journey of The Chardon Polka Band as they try to survive each other and keep their personal and professional lives from derailing their quest for stardom. Polka Kings will premiere this fall with production beginning in the spring.
“We’re excited to give viewers a hilarious, insightful and surprising look at the world of polka that has never been seen before,” said Stan E. Hubbard, CEO of Reelzchannel. “Polka Kings brings a fully relatable story of the American spirit through the experiences of a band that’s as close as family and absolutely determined to achieve their dreams.”
The High Noon Entertainment production counts Jim Berger, Scott Feeley and Patrick Jager as executive producers.
The Chardon Polka Band, based in Cleveland, Ohio, was co-founded by frontman 27-year-old Jake Kouwe and his best friend, saxophone/bass player Paul Coates. Other members include Mike Franklin and 67-year-old drummer Pops Magooch.
High Noon, part of ITV Studios, is behind Cake Boss, Tough Love and Guinness World Records Unleashed.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Sheila MacRae Dead: 'Honeymooners' Actress Dies At 92
- Russell Brand Says There's Only One Explanation For Philip Seymour Hoffman's Death (VIDEO)
- This Guy's Acapella Version Of Mike Tyson's 'Punch Out' Will Make You Nostalgic (VIDEO)
- Conan O'Brien Gives Body-Slam Filled Review Of The WWE 2K14 Video Game