ReelzChannel Acquires 'XIII' From Prodigy Pictures and EuropaCorp TV
The acquisition of the thriller drama follows the U.S. network debut of the Canadian-made mini-series "The Kennedys."
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Prodigy Pictures has sold thriller drama XIII to ReelzChannel for a stateside broadcast.
The network will debut the scripted drama in June 2012 after last year drawing big ratings with the Canadian mini-series The Kennedys from Muse Entertainment.
ReelzChannel’s second scripted drama after True Justice is top-lined by Stuart Townsend as XIII, a former secret agent struggling to discover his true identity and the governmental consipiracy surrounding him.
The Canadian drama also sees Aisha Tyler play a top CIA operator.
XIII was developed and produced by Prodigy Pictures and Luc Besson's French production company EuropaCorp Television (La Femme Nikita).
The executive producer credits are shared by Jay Firestone, Edouard De Vesinne and Thomas Anargyros.
Showrunner and exec producer Gil Grant (24, NCIS: Los Angeles) wrote the pilot episode.
- Danny Boyle in Talks to Direct Steve Jobs Movie, Leonardo DiCaprio Eyed to Star
- Bryan Singer Accuser Names Three Hollywood Insiders in New Sex Abuse Lawsuits (Video)
- The Scene and Stars at the Tribeca Film Festival (Photos)
- Summer Movie Preview: Will Godzilla or Spider-Man (Or Angelina Jolie?) Dominate Your Cineplex?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Watch These Grooving 'Grannies' Get Down Before Running Marathons For A Good Cause
- David Alan Grier's 'How To Tell Black People Apart' Is Just What The World Needs
- Debbie Allen Knows There Won't Be Diversity On TV Until We Meld Into One Melting Pot Of A Race
- Nikki Reed Talks 'In Your Eyes,' 'Twilight' And More With Co-Star Michael Stahl-David