ReelzChannel Acquires 'XIII' From Prodigy Pictures and EuropaCorp TV
The acquisition of the thriller drama follows the U.S. network debut of the Canadian-made mini-series "The Kennedys."
TORONTO – Canadian indie producer Prodigy Pictures has sold thriller drama XIII to ReelzChannel for a stateside broadcast.
The network will debut the scripted drama in June 2012 after last year drawing big ratings with the Canadian mini-series The Kennedys from Muse Entertainment.
ReelzChannel’s second scripted drama after True Justice is top-lined by Stuart Townsend as XIII, a former secret agent struggling to discover his true identity and the governmental consipiracy surrounding him.
The Canadian drama also sees Aisha Tyler play a top CIA operator.
XIII was developed and produced by Prodigy Pictures and Luc Besson's French production company EuropaCorp Television (La Femme Nikita).
The executive producer credits are shared by Jay Firestone, Edouard De Vesinne and Thomas Anargyros.
Showrunner and exec producer Gil Grant (24, NCIS: Los Angeles) wrote the pilot episode.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche