Disney Jump-Starts Reese Witherspoon Comedy With 'Kung Fu Panda 2' Writers (Exclusive)
Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger will pen "Wish List," a fantasy comedy about a woman whose childhood wishes come true.
Jonathan Aibel and Glenn Berger, the writers behind the international animation smash Kung Fu Panda 2, have been tapped to write Wish List, a Disney comedy fantasy that has Reese Witherspoon attached to star. Mark Ciardi and Gordon Gray of Mayhem Pictures are producing.
The new writers will kick-start the project, which was first set up at the studio in 2001 as a vehicle for a male comedy star. Witherspoon came on board during the summer, causing a search for scribes to re-engineer the script.
The story centers on a career-oriented adult whose perfectly tailored life is thrown for a loop when all the wishes she made as a child are suddenly granted.
Aibel and Berger, repped by WME and attorney Ken Richman, have staked out a thriving career in animation and the family comedy arena. On top of writing the $663 million-grossing Panda 2, the duo worked on the first Kung Fu Panda and Monsters vs Aliens, as well as TV’s King of the Hill. They also worked on Alvin & the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel and the latest Chipmunks installment, Chip-Wrecked, which opens December 16.
The scribes will tackle Wish List after they finish writing a big-screen take of the Hasbro board game Candyland.
- 'Lindsay' Recap: Lohan Attempts Career Comeback With Self-Proclaimed 'New Chapter'
- 'How I Met Your Mother': Cristin Milioti Debunks Morbid Finale Theory (Video)'
- Josh Duhamel to Co-Star in Vince Gilligan's 'Battle Creek'
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR