Reese Witherspoon Pleads No Contest, Jim Toth Admits Guilty of DUI
The actress, who was arrested for disorderly conduct April 19, has pled no contest to physical obstruction while her husband has pled guilty of DUI charges.
Reese Witherspoon is taking responsibility for her actions last month.
According to TMZ, the Mud star has pled no contest for her April 19 arrest for physical obstruction when she disobeyed an officer's order to stay in the car after her husband was pulled over for suspicion of DUI. Her husband Jim Toth has pled guilty to the charges of driving under the influence.
Witherspoon -- who was not present, but was represented by her lawyer Bruce Morris -- entered the plea to physical obstruction of another and will pay a $213 fine. Toth won't have to serve any jail time, but must perform 40 hours of community service and attend an alcohol education program. He'll also be placed on probation for 12 months.
The judge said to Toth: "Consider yourself fortunate you didn't injure your passenger [Reese] and didn't kill anyone."
The actress appeared on Good Morning America on Thursday and apologized for her behavior.
"It's one of those nights, you know, we went out to dinner in Atlanta and we had one too many glasses of wine and we thought we were fine to drive and we absolutely were not," the actress told George Stephanopoulos. "And it's just completely unacceptable and we are so sorry and embarrassed. And we know better. And we shouldn't have done that."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- William Guarnere Dead: 'Band Of Brothers' Vet Dies At 90
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws