Universal Nabs 'Don’t Mess With Texas' With Reese Witherspoon, Sofia Vergara
The comedy, written by David Feeney and John Quaintance, follows a cop and her prisoner on the run.
Universal has won the rights to comedy spec Don’t Mess With Texas, written by David Feeney and John Quaintance.
Reese Witherspoon and Modern Family's Sofia Vergara are attached to star in the project. Dana Fox will produce along with Witherspoon and Bruna Papandrea for their Pacific Standard production company.
Quaintance and Feeney were executive producers and co-showrunners on Fox comedy Ben & Kate, was canceled in January.
The female-centered buddy comedy will follow a police officer and a prisoner who are on the run.
Witherspoon, who most recently starred in Jeff Nichols' Mud, will next appear in Devil's Knot, about the West Memphis Three case. She's repped by CAA and Management 360. Vergara will appear in Machete Kills and has signed on to star in Chef, written and directed by Jon Favreau. She is repped by CAA, Untitled Entertainment and Latin World Entertainment.
Universal’s vp production Kristin Lowe will oversee the project on behalf of the studio.
Quaintance is repped by CAA, Feeney by UTA and Fox by WME.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR