Regal CEO: Exhibitor Has Had 'Productive' Premium VOD Talks with Studios
Meanwhile, Cinemark CEO Alan Stock echoes director Todd Phillips, saying "we're not there to display and show made-for-TV movies."
NEW YORK - Regal Entertainment Group CEO Amy Miles told an investor conference on Monday that the film exhibition giant has had "productive" conversations with studios about their premium VOD tests and once again expressed optimism that the partners can resolve any differences as theater operators look to avoid any negative impact on their business. She didn't provide specifics, but said the common goal for both sides was to ensure the strength of the theatrical window.
Meanwhile, Cinemark Holdings CEO Alan Stock at the same conference struck a less conciliatory tone, echoing comments from Hangover director Todd Phillips who recently told CinemaCon that "if I had wanted to make movies for television, I would have been a TV director."
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR