Regal Entertainment Posts Higher Fourth-Quarter Results
"We are encouraged by the early 2013 box office results," says Amy Miles, CEO of the exhibition giant.
Regal Entertainment Group on Thursday reported improved fourth-quarter financials on higher admissions and concessions revenue and a record year.
The film-exhibition chain posted fourth-quarter earnings of $37.3 million, compared to $4.1 million in the year-ago period. Revenue of $723.1 million was up from $613.9 million in the year-ago quarter.
Admissions revenue of $485.3 million was up from $414.0 million a year earlier, amid such releases as The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. Concessions revenue of $188.5 million was up from $159.3 million.
"We are pleased to report that 2012 was a record year for Regal," said CEO Amy Miles. "We achieved our highest ever adjusted [operating cash flow] totaling almost $580 million."
She added: "Looking ahead, we are encouraged by the early 2013 box office results and the films scheduled for release in the coming months."
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- "Spike In My Veins": Talking with Korn's Jonathan Davis, Plus A Chat with Skaters' Michael Ian Cummings and a Break of Reality Exclusive
- The MovieFilm Podcast: Remembering Ghostbusters, Plus Aaron Paul on Need For Speed
- 'Looking' Season 1 Is Refreshing Despite Some Characterization Flaws
- 5 Perfect Quotes From HBO's 'Girls' Season 3, Episode 10