Regal Entertainment Swings to Q1 Loss Amid Weak Box Office
CEO Amy Miles says the exhibitor is talking to a number of studios to better understand their premium VOD plans and reiterate its concerns in hope of protecting the theatrical window long-term and ensuring "mutual success."
NEW YORK – Movie theater operator Regal Entertainment Group on Thursday said it swung to a first-quarter loss amid weak box-office results, but the conference call with management put the spotlight on the ongoing debate about premium VOD, which drew a slew of questions.
Subscribe now to read the full article
- Read The Hollywood Reporter on any mobile device
- Email complete articles to clients or colleagues
- Interactive Radio: listen to the topics or headlines that interest you
- RSS Feed: read in a timely manner with easy to find content
- Read Offline: locate issues and articles easily at any time, no internet connection needed
Already a Subscriber? Log In
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR