Regis Philbin: ‘Dancing With the Stars’ Training Would Be 'Too Much'
The “Live with Regis & Kelly” star said that he has been invited to appear on the show and quips with co-star Kelly Ripa about spandex.
NEW YORK - Regis Philbin said Thursday that he has been invited to appear on Dancing With the Stars, but that the trainings grind would be too much, the New York Post reported Friday.
Philbin, who turns 80 in August, talked about the situation on Live with Regis and Kelly, according to the paper. "Regis was invited yesterday to become a dancer on Dancing With the Stars," Philbin said. "They do train all day, all week, before the show goes on - it's too much for Regis."
"I'd be paying money to see you in spandex," co-star Kelly Ripa joked. Philbin responded by saying: "It's a little snug around the…" "Oh, snug around all the bits and pieces," Ripa replied, according to the Post. Quipped Philbin: "Well, all that's left now are bits and pieces.”
Philbin said earlier this year that he would leave the weekday talk show around the end of summer.
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Zac Efron, Dave Franco, and Christopher Mintz-Plasse Share Crazy Stories From "Neighbors" Set at SXSW 2014
- Jennifer Aniston Would Trade Bodies With Gisele Bundchen, Is Just Like Us
- What We Want To See In 'Looking' Season 2
- I Ain't Gonna Work on Maggie's Farm No More: 'True Detective' and the Deep Dark Secret of the American Psyche