Regis Philbin's Last 'Live' Show: What Hollywood Is Saying
Co-host Kelly Ripa, Alyssa Milano and Rachael Ray all said goodbye to the long-time host who stepped down after more than two decades on the show.
After more than 20 years of hosting Live!, Regis Philbin bid goodbye to the show on Friday.
The final show was packed with segments honoring the host, and co-host Kelly Ripa teared up when described her first day on set working with Philbin. Mayor Michael Bloomberg gave Philbin a key to the city, and the audience was full of his friends and former co-workers, including Donald Trump, Alan Alda, Kathie Lee Gifford and Diane Sawyer.
Philbin ,who has done the show 1988 (first with Kathie Lee Gifford and since 2001 with Ripa), said he still wasn’t sure what he would be doing next.
On Friday, Hollywood spoke out about the long-time host’s final show.
On the show, Ripa said, “I’ve had the privilege of walking 43 steps with you from my dressing room to the studio floor, five days a week, except when you have Fridays off, and Fridays and Mondays in the summer.” On her Twitter, Ripa seemed lost for words and just tweeted a simple sad face: “:-(“
Actress Alyssa Milano wrote, “Dear Regis Philbin, Thank u for always supporting me & my career throughout the years. I can't wait to see what comes next for you.”
Actress Julie Benz also took to Twitter, writing, “Can't believe its Regis Philbin's last day..... thank you for filling our mornings with laughter!!”
Host and chef Rachael Ray wrote, “Mornings will never be the same. There's only one REGIS!”
Sherri Shepherd wrote, “So blessed to have worked w Regis Philbin. He guest starred on 2 of my sitcoms "Less Than Perfect" & "Sherri" worked w him on Millionaire”
Singer and former Backstreet Boy member Brian Littrell wrote, “DON'T GO REGIS! We love you. Thanks for 28 amazing years of memories.”
Piers Morgan wrote, “Congratulations #Regis - great man, great star, great career. Loved working with him on America's Got Talent.”
Bones star David Boreanaz wrote, "Thank you Regis. Mornings will Never be the same."
Lara Spencer of Good Morning America wrote, “The @GMA team wants to thank #Regis for making us smile all these yrs. Wonderful tribute.”
Billy Bush also took to Twitter to express his thoughts on Philbin’s exit, writing, “REGIS!!! The King! The greatest chat show host ever. I love you and look forward to many more moments together!”
Real Housewives of Atlanta star Phaedra Parks wrote, “Farewell #Regis!!!!! Morninng TV will never be the same:-(“
- Prince Takes Over the 'Arsenio Hall Show,' Debuts New Funky Song
- A Train, a Trestle and 60 Seconds to Escape: How 'Midnight Rider' Victim Sarah Jones Lost Her Life
- 'Divergent' Star Shailene Woodley: The Next Jennifer Lawrence?
- 'Noah' Banned in Several Middle Eastern Countries
- Lindsay Lohan's OWN Series Gets First Official Trailer (Video)
- MOST SHARED
- MOST POPULAR
- Pee-wee Herman's Bike From 'Pee-wee's Big Adventure' Sells For $36,600 On eBay
- HUVr Hoverboard Is Not Shipping In December (Or Ever, For That Matter)
- Stratosphere: A Conversation with Matt Sorum and Album Preview
- 'Grey's Anatomy' 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away' Recap: Yang and Owen Back in the Sack